Saturday, February 7, 2009

Already exhausted, and I haven't started work yet today. One of our credit cards withdrew a payment for themselves from our account, despite the fact that we cancelled automatic withdrawals with them over a month ago. The money they took was supposed to pay for the next two weeks of childcare, which now we will have to cancel. This sets me back a lot. Without steady, regular childcare, I cannot keep my momentum going on my dissertation. Oh, how I hate that credit card now! We called our bank, and they said this is a common problem, but the only thing we can do is close our account and open a new one. Yup, well, that's what we're going to do, then. Not only that, we now plan to pay off the rest of that credit card as soon as we can and close our account with them. What a rotten bunch of jerks!

Anyway, I will see what I can get done today. My heart isn't in it, but I must try. Dissertations do not write themselves.