Thursday, February 12, 2009

Today's total? 100 words. Nor did I manage to attend to that other matter I needed to deal with: an application for work for next year. So some of tomorrow is already shot. What did I do today instead? Cook and bake. Hey, there just wasn't much left around the apartment to eat, and keeping us all fed is my prime household responsibility. One I'd have fulfilled without the extra cooking today, too, except for a massive failure of a slow-cooker dish earlier this week, which had been intended to feed us for several meals. Nope, not one of my more stellar days.

On the bright side, it only took me 20 minutes to pound those 100 words out. Nice momentum I've got going; now I just need not to lose it by dithering around tomorrow.

Off to perform another food chore: planning next week's meals and baking. (Tidbit: every week I usually bake a loaf or two of bread, a dozen biscuits, two dozen muffins, and often a cake or cobbler or other sweet. All that baking ensures we have mostly-healthy treats around to snack on, and helps us stay on budget--no bleeding a buck here and two bucks there to fund daily candy bars, big cookies, donuts, etc. You'd be amazed how fast those kinds of snack purchases add up, both in terms of money and in terms of junk calories!) (Don't I sound like the life of the party?)