Saturday, February 28, 2009

The suck. Oh, the suck. Son is mostly over his new tooth, and that is something. (Yay sleep.) But this part of my chapter continues to be slow going. I go wandering into the forest every day, and if I'm not careful, I'm liable to get lost. I have to keep remembering just where it is I am trying to get to, or I stop and stare at all the local points of interest, instead.

I am not obsessively rewriting this section over and over again. (Not yet, anyway!) But I do keep moving bits around, roughing out new paragraphs in the middle of a page that I had thought was finished, and pouring out endless notes onto the page about where to go next, no here, no there, no, what about that neat little thing over yonder?

So I am writing a lot and working hard, but it is hard to get a word count. I guess, for the past two days, my polished word count total is a rather unimpressive 354--and one large chunk of that has gone adrift. That's right: I have an absolutely solid, necessary paragraph that I cannot for the life of me figure out where to put.

Sigh.